|Global Agribusiness and Commodity Sector Specialist|
G. Chandrashekhar, an economist and renowned agribusiness & commodity market specialist, is an international trade analyst and passionate commentator on developmental issues. Apart from writing for India’s most credible business daily for over 20 years and providing policy inputs for the government, he has been speaking regularly at national and international conferences on a range of topics including Indian macro economy, food and nutrition security, role of technology in agriculture, agri-infrastructure, commodity market outlook and so on. Armed with long association with the pulse industry and trade, he brings fresh insights into sector specific issues for policy making.
Chandrashekhar has held and continues to hold many public positions. Currently he is:
• Economic Advisor, Indian Merchants’ Chamber; and Director, IMC-Economic Research and Training Foundation
• Member, Commodity Derivatives Advisory Committee constituted by market regulator Security and Exchange Board of India
• Trustee, Association of Technical Market Analysts
• Associated with several educational institutions including as Visiting Faculty in many B-Schools
• Hon. Advisor to select trade associations in India